Wednesday 25 January 2017

New Year New to Me's

Have you managed to keep to any of your New Year Resolutions? No, me either :) Still, not to worry, here is your chance to celebrate trying something new whether you succeeded or not.

So, a New Year of New to Me's means a new blog button. Grab the code in the sidebar to add it to your blog and join in the celebrations.

This month I have been trying to get to grips with the newest addition to the stitching family.

The scary looking overlocker that was too good a bargain to pass up :) I have managed to thread the beast, and even sorted out a tension issue. Next up, trying to work out how to sew round corners without cutting anything vital off (of me or the fabric!).

https://www.craftsy.com/sewing

 So, I took advantage of the sales at Craftsy and have signed myself up for this Craftsy class. Hopefully, serging corners will be a doddle once I have worked my way through the lessons.

From a New to Me that will take several hours to one that took no more than 10 minutes.

A New to Me ferry trip from Rhubadoch to Colintraive!

My final New to Me was very quick to do too.

My first ever Drool Bandana Bib, for the gorgeous grandson



and my first time using KAM plastic snaps, thankfully successful!

Now it is your turn to show and tell anything you have tried that is New to You this month. Of course it would be nice if our something New's were successful, but you are amongst friends here. We know that it isn't always the case so, hey, we are here to celebrate anyway the fact that we tried :)

As ever please help to spread the word by linking back to this post in your post and/or adding the blog button to your sidebar.




Check out the other links too and, maybe, leave an encouraging comment along the way. The emphasis of this link party is to celebrate the trying so a little encouragement here and there would not go amiss!

The Link Up will remain open until 23.59 GMT on January 31st so you have plenty of time to unwrap that as yet unused Christmas kit and give it a go :)






5 comments:

  1. nothing to share so far but will love seeing what you and others are up to, bib has workes so well. Best of luck with the serging. Jenniw Rayment has a book `serging for softies` that is full of wonderful makes which can also be done on an ordinary machine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I have never made a bandana bib. The kids are a little too old now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to get the courage to join you on on the overlocker journey (that is the same as a serger?). Husband messaged me from a customer's: "do you know anyone who wants an overlocker?" But i haven't even plugged it in

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned how to make one of my favourite zipper bags, easily and with no raw edges, from a (free) Craftsy class. I don't like the recent site redesign, but I do have quite a collection of Craftsy patterns - both free and paid - it's a heck of a good resource! I bet sewing curves on a serger for the first time will be a wild ride, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I found your "new to me" series for 2017. I saw the button on a different blog--but the link is broken! I think it's missing a "." Maybe?
    Anyway, among other things, I want to learn how to make a blog button in 2017. So thanks for the inspiration; I'll check back toward the end of February with a link-up

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...