Friday 6 March 2015

Wallowing

Juliet, who blogs at Tartan Kiwi, is a phenomenal paper-piecing pattern designer. I had the privilege of testing her paper-pieced Falcon pattern a while ago, for her Birds of New Zealand series.

So, when Juliet put out a call for pattern testers for her latest Safari series of blocks I instantly put my hand up!

We had a choice of three patterns to pick from and as you can see I chose the Hippo pattern.


Hippo Test

Those large pieces of sky were very unwieldy let me tell you :)

There were a couple of blips along the way, when I lost track of which tiny bump was hippo and which was sky, but apart from that it was really straightforward to put together.

You can see all of Juliet's patterns in her Etsy store.

I am debating what to do with this block now that it is finished, so if you have any suggestions I would be delighted to hear them :)

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts

  

10 comments:

  1. He's brilliant, I especially love his eye! What to do with him? Bit tricky if you don't have an urge to make a whole safari quilt, or have a hippo loving friend. Personally I would probably turn him into a mini quilt with some caption on there. Or what about a bag of some sort - a swimming bag maybe???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the mini quilt suggestion... I love the eye and ear details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hippo looks great - love that eye! Make a second going in the opposite direction, cushions for the sofa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA I love your hippo - he looks like he just spent a long night drinking with his buddies :D How big is he? I like Wonky's ideas of a bag or a mini quilt - a pillow might be nice as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, so much detail! He's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hippo. You chose exactly the perfect fabric for the eyes, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness that hippo is so cute. Well done Fiona. The detail of the eye is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hippo looks great, Fiona and works well in the colours you've chosen. I can totally relate to forgetting which fabric I should be using when foundation paper piecing. Because I do it so rarely, I really have to concentrate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hippo is amazing! I suggest you make some more safari animals to keep him company :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been watching the development of these patterns on IG - and they are so amazing! Love your hippo - he would make a great cushion :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...